Showed GenI to Aarne Rante today. I didn't prepare it as well as I should have, so I hope I didn't waste too much of his time. Also got a little glimpse of GF in his talk. Speaking as a programmer, the whole type-checking thing seems like a good idea. I dunno. I guess the whole IANAL applies here, where L = linguist.
Other than that...
Worked on making the derivation/trace output easier for C to pick up. With the current version of GenI/Makefile-of-Dervishes we now get in in the geni-validated file, which *ought* to be convenient enough for regular use.
Had itchy fingers, so I couldn't resist working on the morphology some more. It was just a quick hack. I know I have better things to do, but I wanted to make it so that we could return all the morph variants instead of just picking one. We won't be able to play with it for a while maybe, but it's nice to know it's there, so that if ever there is a null, we can make our inflections come out reasonable-like.
Itchy fingers. I can't find it in a google of English idioms. What is that? A Malaysian English thing? British? It's from my youth; that's all I know. I like that expression. It means a sort of inability to control one's meddlesomeness, inability to leave well enough alone, tendency to interfere in crap where you got no business interfering. Something like that. Somebody want to give a better definition? Urban dictionary has some totally unrelated meaning to the one I was scolded for having.
Monday, 15 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment